We are hiring two DevOps specialists to support us in this transformation and act as a champion for the DevOps culture. In this role, you will act as a specialist for maturing and developing our processes and tools. You will also work with our product teams to enable them to accelerate their speed and frequency of delivery, improve quality through automation and reduce the frequency of production issues. We are looking for individuals who are excited to learn about new technologies and automating and streamlining processes.
You will use your expertise to:
- Develop, manage and enhance the DevOps pipeline(s)
- Establish, communicate and educate teams on best practices and guidelines
- Collaborate with product teams to assess and establish the required pipeline to support business objectives
- Identify opportunities to streamline delivery processes
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Implement and manage continuous delivery (CI/CD) systems and methodologies,
- Implement and automate security controls, governance processes and compliance validation
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics and logging systems
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Seven years of experience in Information Technology software development and operations
- Two years of experience in implementing a continuous delivery/integration pipeline with automation, configuration management, cloud provision and management
- Knowledge of industry continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) tools
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- The ability to communicate and present technical information to wide range of stakeholders including leadership teams
- The ability to successfully influence within and outside of their direct area of responsibility, understand the underlying issues and context, the personalities involved, and get things done
- Proven ability in servant leadership and team development, critical thinking and able to articulate a vision making decisions in a timely fashion
- Experience in retail-focused applications such as point of sale (POS), settlement and reconciliation, loyalty programs, pricing, retail websites and mobile applications.
- Proven experience using Ansible Tower, Jenkins, GitHub, JFrog Artifactory and/or SonarQube
- Experience in enterprise wide applications, API, middleware/web services and databases
- Experience working in a delivery focused consulting capacity
- Agile certification and/or Azure DevOps certification
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else - if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on mean tremendous potential for the future.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
- Follow us on
to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we're doing to position our company for the future * Join our
and sign up to receive customized job alerts * Read our
to see what we're doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.