If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
The Bell Network team is on a journey to transform how Bell delivers the best customer experience with seamless access to a software-driven and cloud-based ecosystem of products, services and content. This transformation is about simplifying, virtualizing and automating the network transport and services to lower costs and increase agility to deploy Bell services.
At the heart of this transformation is the Network Cloud Infrastructure and Services team. Our vision: Be recognized by tenants as the simplest, most reliable and adaptable cloud. Nothing less! We are on a mission to enable the Bell Network team to virtualize and cloudify network services and applications by providing self-serve, on-demand, reliable and secure cloud services, while supporting them on their journey.
We are a powerful mix of infrastructure, networking, security, storage, cloud computing, software development experts, supported by a crew of scrum masters and senior managers.
The Product Owner is the voice of the customer. The Product Owner provides the focus for the team to execute upon, whilst from a business perspective, is accountable for the day-to-day activities surrounding the product and ensure the engineering team is working on the right items. A knowledgeable Product Owner is critical to the success of these projects and the resulting products. A Product Owner acts as the decision maker for the development team, and sets the daily priorities by balancing requirements and expectations of all stakeholders.
Our squad’s mandate is to build a Kubernetes infrastructure that is reliable, self-serve and managed as code (CaaS), as well as to provide a catalogue of services (PaaS) to enable developers across Bell to deliver value.
If you love…
- Community; ours is awesome. You will interact with developers in an Agile environment, work in an open space and participate in team building activities
- Building new systems; you will shape and construct a new digital experience
- Connecting with people from other fields. You will bridge different business units and collaborate with many teams to make the best product
- DevOps; we are committed to our practices and tools: CI/CD, containerization, micro-services, Infra-As-Code
- Continuous improvement; our team is organized in product squads, leveraging the best of Lean manufacturing, Agile / Scrum framework to deliver in shorter cycles, adjust according to our tenants needs and continuously improve.
- Innovation. As our Product Owner, you will drive and maintain a product backlog in a highly technical, complex and innovative domain (Public-Cloud, Kubernetes / Openshift, Openstack, Multi Edge Computing).
- Open Source. Our team is truly committed to open source. Working with us, you will have the opportunity to influence the whole industry direction through involvement & commitment to major open source initiatives
- Cloud Native architecture. You will shape our Network Cloud platforms, the core infrastructure of Bell’s virtualization strategy
- Technology. You will deal with a variety of cutting edge Software and Networking technologies that will shape how Bell will transform how networks are build and operated
- Make independent decisions and takes action within broadly defined practices and procedures helping team achieve the sprint goals
- Be the center point for all priority assessment of all regulatory interpretation and monitoring, client support, change request and selection involving the product
- Break down the high-level features and marketing requirements into more detailed features, epics and user stories
- Create and manage the product backlog, representing the voice of the customer throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Develop product vision, goals, themes and features.
- Support the development of a prioritized Product Backlog, including the development of user stories, acceptance criteria and scenarios for the development team to develop working software.
- Help review product KPIs and Quality metrics on a regular basis and plan with the team on corrective measures to improve the same keeping in mind the company-specific quality gates and metrics
- Facilitate collaboration sessions between stakeholders around the priorities of feature development
- Engage in day-to-day activities with the Product development teams. This involves attending daily scrum ceremonies and engaging with the development team, providing direction and focus.
- Build Cross organizational awareness of product issues and organizational readiness for a software product release.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true need.
- Provide regular feedback to the various team members during regular performance cycles on areas of improvement and focus
- More than three (3) years’ experience as a Product Owner
- Ability to prioritise competing items and deliverables from various stakeholders
- Ability to translate organizational vision into a platform vision
- Experience with cloud native products
- Experience with k8s infrastructure
- Team player who can define, establish and communicate their long term vision, who is adaptable to uncertainty and changing needs
- Thorough understanding of cloud industry trends, regulations, market trends and competition.
- Working knowledge of the development flow and technologies involved in the delivery of products and features
- Someone enthusiastic who can quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, with a strong aptitude for innovation
- Leader with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills – able to translate technical wording into business language
- Someone who can slice and dice a business/system problem into an easy modular and maintainable solution with your team
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial drive with a passion for product excellence and partner success
- Experience in working with a decentralized and/or non-collocated team
- Experience working in a multi-team / scaled agile environment
- Experience with Cloud Native, NFV, Virtualization, Networking, Openshift. You have good understanding of development process (CI/CD)
- Experience participating to open source communities
- French/English bilingual
- Experience with Jira & Confluence
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 04/09/2021