IPG Mediabrands was created by Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) in 2007 to manage all of its global media related assets. Today that means we manage and invest $38 billion in global media on the behalf of our clients, employ over 8,500 diverse and daring marketing communication specialists worldwide and operate our company businesses in more than 130 countries.
A proven entity in helping clients maximize business results through integrated, intelligence-driven marketing strategies, IPG Mediabrands is committed to driving automated buying, pay for performance and digital innovation solutions through its network of media agencies including UM, Initiative, and Media Experts. Its roster of specialty service agencies includes Magna Global, Cadreon, Orion, and Reprise Media.
We are currently recruiting for a Buyer, Investment.
The role of a Buyer, Investment is to prepare, negotiate and document the execution of client’s media buys within their buying group, as well as prepare or assist the Supervisor/Manager in preparing all written documentation for the Planner or Client (e.g.: pre-buy/post-buy reports, media evaluations/recommendations, and other pertinent documentation).
This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media investment team to ensure the product is grounded in insights and experience, resulting in flawless media executions.
- Negotiate media campaigns directly with sales representatives.
- Purchase all assigned media to campaign parameters.
- Request submissions for upcoming campaigns from media partners.
- Develop a media schedule that satisfies campaign parameters and brand objectives.
- In partnership with the media planning team address market concerns, timing, and brand attribution.
- Prepare and present pre-buy and post-buy reports.
- Upload media buys and track changes with a high level of accuracy.
- Responsible for solving and clearing billing discrepancies/queries, and managing the budget control report (BCR) in a timely manner.
- Execute all relevant revisions to the media buy.
- Negotiate compensation as required.
- Ensure clear communication with the planning teams (e.g. involvement in briefs).
- Assist the Senior Buyer on the evaluation or cost value analysis of sponsorships and integrations and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Explore promotional or value-added opportunities where applicable.
- Proactively advise the team of any variations to execution of media plans.
- Assist with training junior employees on tools and processes.
- Assist with the preparation of media POVs.
- Prepare market analyses.
- Conduct third party audits as required.
- Continue to proactively develop knowledge of the media landscape.
- Post-secondary education – University graduate and/or advertising/marketing College degree preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year experience within the media industry with proven buying experience.
- Driven desire to develop and excel in a media career.
- Client service oriented.
- Strong analytical and financial acumen.
- Strong learning agility, with a passion for continuous development.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly developed organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent ability to manage and prioritize time effectively.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, assisting the team, self-development, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with media partners.
- Proficient with media research tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).