The incumbent will work closely with the resource harvesting community and provide leadership to successfully implement departmental goals and objectives in the face of divergent views on resource management and enforcement. The Officer will work closely with the HTO and local harvesters in supporting sound wildlife management and conservation practices while supporting a mixed/traditional economy user lifestyle. This requires enforcing relevant Act, conducting public and harvester education and training so there is a wide understanding and support for effective wildlife management
The candidate of choice will have:
Graduated from an accredited two year resource technical institute OR;
minimum of three years on the job training
2 years' experience in wilderness travel and survival skills
Two years' experience or education in enforcement, licensing and inspection techniques
Community development skills in facilitating renewable resource development, and park operation and maintenance;
Valid driver's license - ability to drive trucks, snowmobiles, ATV and boats will be required;
Valid Firearms Possession and Acquisition License (PAL)
The successful candidate will be required to submit a satisfactory Criminal Records Check through the RCMP.
Equivalencies that consist of a combination of education, knowledge, skills and abilities to formal education and experience requirement will be considered.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Department of Finance (Rankin Inlet)
Government of Nunavut
PO Box 460, Rankin Inlet, Nunavut X0C 0G0
Phone: (867) 645-8065
Toll free: 1-800-933-3072
Fax: (867) 645-8097
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.